R&D Gap-Funding for Healthcare Innovators
Health Innovation Challenge Fund
The Health Innovation Challenge Fund is positioned as a translational funding scheme to accelerate the clinical application of projects that are well advanced along the development pathway.
Its objectives are to:
- Stimulate the development and uptake of innovative products, technologies and interventions for the benefit of patients in the NHS and other healthcare systems.
- Support UK-led projects, which target unmet, or poorly met, healthcare needs.
- Provide translational funding for projects that have demonstrated ‘proof-of-principle’ and have the potential for early clinical use or adoption;
- Take the product, technology or intervention to the stage at which it is sufficiently developed to be attractive to follow-on funders or investors.
- Encourage the collaboration of companies, academia and clinicians to better confront today’s healthcare challenges.
HICF Round 10 is now open and invites applicants to apply for funding in any of the special interest areas listed below:
- Surgical technologies
- Innovative diagnostics
- Trauma and critical care medicine
- Informatics to assist clinical decision making
- Repurposing of technologies and medicines
- Biological therapeutics
Note: Deadline for preliminary applications is Sept 15th 2014 at 1pm. The £10m funding round 10 will review and assess proposals across all themes. All applications are judged purely on merit and there are no funding quotas set for the individual themes.