R&D Gap-Funding for Healthcare Innovators
Health Innovation Challenge Fund
The Health Innovation Challenge Fund is positioned as a translational funding scheme to accelerate the clinical application of projects that are well advanced along the development pathway.
Its objectives are to:
- Stimulate the development and uptake of innovative products, technologies and interventions for the benefit of patients in the NHS and other healthcare systems.
- Support UK-led projects, which target unmet, or poorly met, healthcare needs.
- Provide translational funding for projects that have demonstrated ‘proof-of-principle’ and have the potential for early clinical use or adoption;
- Take the product, technology or intervention to the stage at which it is sufficiently developed to be attractive to follow-on funders or investors.
- Encourage the collaboration of companies, academia and clinicians to better confront today’s healthcare challenges.
The Health Innovation Challenge Fund is not accepting new applications at the current time. An announcement will be made when a date for the next competition has been decided.